Minelab is pleased to introduce a software upgrade for MANTICORE with major new features to enhance your detecting experience.
Mark Dayton (@BrassMedic on YouTube) has been helping Minelab test the new software and has put together a great video outlining the key elements of the upgrade.
Both the MANTICORE detector and ML 105 Headphones can have their software upgraded by using the Minelab Update Utility (MUU), which automates the update process for the user. There are separate Minelab Update Utilities (for Windows and Mac OS) for the MANTICORE and ML 105 headphones.
Minimum System Requirements:
USB 2.0 port
MANTICORE USB Charging Cable with Magnetic Connector
50 MB of hard drive space
MAC OS (10.15 or later)
85 MB of hard drive space
Do not turn off or disconnect the MANTICORE or ML 105 Headphones during the update process. Any interruption to the update process will always be fully recoverable by restarting both the detector and the MUU. However, there is a small chance of loss of user settings if the update is interrupted at certain times in the update process.
1. Download the MANTICORE Minelab Update Utility software and open the application.
2. Connect the device to the computer USB port using the magnetic charging cable and turn on.
3. If an update is available, the MUU will display 'Updates are available for your device.'. The new software version to watch for is 6.20.0-3.7.1. Click INSTALL to begin the update, or QUIT to close the MUU. The detector will display a Software Update in Progress screen.
4. If the device is already up to date, the application will display
5. After clicking INSTALL to commence the update, the MUU application window will show an Installation progress bar throughout the update process. The MANTICORE screen will continue to display 'Software Update in Progress' for the first portion of the update while the detector wireless software is updated. The screen will then go blank for a period while the core detector application software updates and restarts. A green LED on the top left corner of the MANTICORE control panel will blink rapidly while this part of the update is in progress.
6. Installation will take approximately ten minutes.
7. At the end of the update, MANTICORE will reboot, and will briefly display 'Software Update in Progress' again while the update is verified, after which the MUU will prompt you to disconnect the detector and QUIT the application.
1. Download the ML 105 Headphones Minelab Update Utility software and open the application.
2. Connect the ML 105 headphones to the computer USB port using the USB-C charging cable supplied with the headphones. The headphones will automatically turn on and display a red LED indication.
3. If an update is available, the MUU will display ‘Updates are available for your device.’. Click INSTALL to begin the update, or QUIT to close the MUU.
4. If the device is already up to date, the application will display 'Your device is up to date.' and prompt you to QUIT the application.
5. The ML 105 Headphones will continue to show a red LED indication while the update is in progress, which will turn off briefly towards the end of the update while the headphones reboot.
6. Once the update is complete, the MUU will indicate ‘Installation complete.’ and will prompt you to disconnect the device and QUIT the application.
If you encounter an error during the update process, it will be recoverable. The most common cause of errors is intermittent cable connection between the PC and the device during the update. If an update is interrupted, the detector may power up with a blank MANTICORE screen and a fast flashing green LED. This indicates that the detector is in update mode and is ready to accept an update.
If the Minelab Update Utility (MUU) is not connecting to the detector, make sure there’s only one instance of the MUU running and clean the terminals on the charge port of the detector. Make sure your detector is connected to your PC via the magnetic USB/Charging cable and switched on. Check the magnetic connector to ensure it is properly seated on the detector and re-start the MUU. If the MUU still can’t connect to the detector, switch off and disconnect the detector, close and re-start the MUU, then re-connect and switch on your detector.
If there is a problem during the update, try the following steps:
Screen shots are for illustration purposes only. Actual screens may vary slightly from those shown.
Q: Why is the Minelab Update Utility (MUU) not connecting to my detector?
A: Make sure your detector is connected to your PC via the magnetic USB/Charging cable then switch the detector on. Ensure there’s only one instance of the MUU running and check that the magnetic connector is properly seated on the detector. Try re-starting the MUU. If you still can’t connect then switch off the detector, close and re-start the MUU. Re-connect and switch on your detector then try again.
If the above does not work then delete the downloaded MUU then re-download a new copy and try again.
Q: What happens if the detector disconnected while installing the upgrade?
A: The MUU can recover the detector functionality after any disconnection during upgrade. Switch off the detector then close and restart the MUU Connect the detector to your computer and switch it on. The detector screen may remain blank, but the MUU will see the detector and offer an upgrade. Install the upgrade and the detector will recover.
Q: What happens if I want to downgrade back to the old version?
A: The latest released MUU contains all released versions of MANTICORE software – to downgrade, click on the three dots in the bottom right of the MUU screen, select the version you want to downgrade to, and click install.
Q: Help! My detector is non-functional after an upgrade!
A: Don’t worry, the MUU can always recover the detector in the event an upgrade is interrupted. Simply power on the detector, connect to a PC running the MUU and re-start the upgrade.